Apprenticeships – Information for Employers
EMD UK LTD are able to offer a range of Apprenticeships, tailored to suit your business needs. Our staff are industry experts and aim to provide a service which truly meets your requirements by gaining a thorough understanding of your organisation.
We are happy to guide you every step of the way and provide the support needed to succeed!
What is an Apprenticeship?
- An Apprenticeship is a way for both young people and adults to ‘earn whilst they learn’, gaining a real qualification and hands on experience in a real workplace
- An Apprenticeship can last between 1 to 4 years depending on your business sector and level of the qualification
- An Apprenticeship has a set content and is made up of theoretical knowledge and competency based practical assessments based on the individual’s job role
- An Apprentice must receive the appropriate National Minimum Wage for Apprenticeshops (£3.30 p/h as of October 2015) as a minimum and be contracted to work at least 30 hours per week
- Your training provider will work in partnership with the Employer in order to support the apprenticeship programme and ensure a successful outcome for both the individual and the employer
What are the benefits to you and your business?
- You reduce training and recruitment costs – as a training provider, we will assist with the recruitment process to find the right candidate for your business. This includes ensuring job vacancies are advertised through the National Apprenticeship Service Website.
- We are able to help with creating job adverts and will work alongside you to fully understand your operational needs
- We can provide assistance with the shortlisting and interviewing stages in the recruitment process where needed
- You develop a skilled, motivated and qualified workforce
- Increase the productivity of your business through the development of an individual’s knowledge and skills
- Fills the skills gaps within your business enabling you to compete with others
- Provides a financial return on your investment
- Provides a high profile way of promoting your business’ social responsibility through investing in young people
As an established provider EMD UK LTD can offer you a professional and tailored service to identify, recruit and train the apprentice that is right for you and your business.
What areas can we recruit an apprentice in?
We offer a range of Apprenticeships at Intermediate (Level 2), Advanced (Level 3) and Higher (Levels 4 and 5). These Apprenticeships are in the following subject areas:
- Business Administration (typically office based work, can be done in different business sectors)
- Customer Service (this could be working on a reception, as a secretary or any service based role)
- Team Leading (this is a fantastic introduction to the world of Management in different business sectors)
- Management (this can be done across different business sectors at both Advanced and Higher levels)
- Children and Young People’s Workforce (suitable for those wanting to work with children, typically in nurseries or care settings)
- Spectator Safety (for those who work in Events, providing stewarding duties for gigs, festivals, sports matches and so on)
- Providing Security Services (for those working on a variety of different Security jobs including CCTV operations, static and patrolled guarding and general security operations)
- Employment Related Services (for those working in a role where they give advice and guidance and provide support to others around employment)
- Contact Centre Operations (for those working in a call centre environment, focussing on excellent customer service over the telephone)
Is there any financial support available to our business?
Yes! Your business could be eligible to receive an Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE) of up to £2,000.00 (eligibility criteria applies).
In the Leeds City Region, this scheme is managed by the Local Enterprise Partnership. More information can be found here – http://www.the-lep.com/for-business/skills-and-training/lep-apprenticeship-grant/
In the Greater Manchester region, the scheme is managed by New Economy. More information can be found here – http://neweconomymanchester.com/stories/2050-gm_age__greater_manchester_apprenticeship_grant_for_employers
In the Sheffield City Region, the scheme is managed by Skills Made Easy. More information can be found here – http://www.skillsmadeeasy.org.uk/employers/gap/
Elsewhere, more information can be found here – https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/apprenticeship-grant-for-employers-of-16-to-24-year-olds
We are happy to provide advice on accessing grants for Apprenticeships, so feel free to give us a call.
Whether you are an individual looking to gain employment whilst being able to gain qualifications, or you are an Employer with a job vacancy to fill, we are able to help!
To discuss Apprenticeships, please feel free to give a member of our team a call on 0113 249 4369 and we will be happy to assist.