EMD UK LTD are able to offer a range of Apprenticeships to suit your needs. If you are an employer and are considering hiring an Apprentice, click here
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship isn’t like going to college or university. Apprentices do real jobs, in real workplaces, earning real money!
Because of the hands-on approach to learning, you can expect to pick up new skills and learn at your own pace, gaining essential experience along the way.
An Apprenticeship is simply a training package designed to provide an individual with formal qualifications while working in a paid, part or full time job role (min. 30 hrs/w).
An Apprenticeship can last for between 1 and 4 years depending on the programme and can help to provide a solid base for your career by giving you the experience you need and the opportunity to progress.
90% of Apprentices stay in permanent employment once their Apprenticeship programme is complete, with approximately 71% staying with the same employer!*
How can an Apprenticeship help me?
You will gain first hand work experience, working alongside more experienced individuals, whilst learning the skills you need specific to your job role. You will earn a wage and receive holiday pay
An Apprenticeship will address training needs in your chosen vocational area as well as providing support where needed with English, Maths and ICT.
If you feel you are not quite ready for an Apprenticeship or are not sure what area you would like to work in, why not consider our Traineeship (hyperlink to Traineeship page) programme?
Who is an Apprenticeship for?
An Apprenticeship can be for just about anybody**!
Apprenticeships are available to school leavers aged 16-18, college leavers age 19-24 or to adults aged 25+. In order to begin an Apprenticeship, you must not be in full time education and be available to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
What areas could I work in?
We offer a range of Apprenticeships at Intermediate (Level 2), Advanced (Level 3) and Higher (Levels 4 and 5). These Apprenticeships are in the following subject areas:
- Business Administration (typically office based work, can be done in different business sectors)
- Customer Service (this could be working on a reception, as a secretary or any service based role)
- Team Leading (this is a fantastic introduction to the world of Management in different business sectors)
- Management (this can be done across different business sectors at both Advanced and Higher levels)
- Children and Young People’s Workforce (suitable for those wanting to work with children, typically in nurseries or care settings)
- Spectator Safety (for those who work in Events, providing stewarding duties for gigs, festivals, sports matches and so on)
- Providing Security Services (for those working on a variety of different Security jobs including CCTV operations, static and patrolled guarding and general security operations)
- Employment Related Services (for those working in a role where they give advice and guidance and provide support to others around employment)
- Contact Centre Operations (for those working in a call centre environment, focussing on excellent customer service over the telephone)
Whether you are an individual looking to gain employment whilst being able to gain qualifications, or you are an Employer with a job vacancy to fill, we are able to help!
To discuss Apprenticeships, please feel free to give a member of our team a call on 0113 249 4369 and we will be happy to assist.
* Evaluation of Apprenticeships for Learners, BIS and DFE, December 2014.
** Individual eligibility criteria for funding applies