General Beauty Therapy Trainer/Assessor
Nail Services Trainer/Assessor
Level 3 Trainers / Assessors required to deliver a range of VTCT accredited beauty, nail and make-up programmes at Levels 1 to 3 to learners aged 18+ in both a classroom and a salon environment.
SALARY: £18,000 – £26,000 dependent on skills and experience + 22 Days Annual Leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hrs (to be flexible to meet client needs). Part time opportunities and Associate opportunities will also be considered.
Early applicants will be welcomed as the opening for this position is imminent – interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
Courses are delivered in Bradford and Pontefract therefore applicants should be willing to travel within West Yorkshire to deliver the programmes.
We have excellent opportunities for a Trainers / Assessors to deliver training courses to trainee make-up artists, nail technicians and general beauty therapists. We will consider candidates that have worked in a similar role with experience of working in the sector and experience of delivering training courses in any of the three areas.
Preference will be given to Candidates who are able to cover more than one area of expertise.
The successful candidate must have experience working in further education, vocational training, teaching etc. working as an assessor, tutor or lecturer with strong knowledge of accredited course delivery.
An industry-recognised qualification at Level 3 in the relevant area of expertise is essential.
Preference will also be given to candidates who hold specific occupational experience (e.g. experience of working as a make-up artist, general beauty therapist or nail technician).
Experience of Ofsted inspections and knowledge of the Common Inspection Framework would be preferred, however training will be provided on quality standards.
Working as a Trainer / Assessor you will be responsible for maintaining and training an ongoing caseload of learners. This will involve coaching, training and assessing students through their accredited courses, complying at all times with the organisation’s and the Awarding Organisation’s Quality Assurance requirements.
EMD UK LTD also provides courses that cover the following subject areas/industry sectors:
- Business services (Business Admin, Team Leading, Customer Service)
- Education and Training
- Community Organisations
- Functional Skills
- Health and Social Care
- Security and Events
It is an exciting time to join EMD UK LTD and as a company we have seen continued growth and continually seek new opportunities, whether it is into a new sector, or a new subject area. At EMD UK LTD, we recognise the needs of employers and individuals and take pride in assisting their development with a strong focus on a positive and beneficial learner journey.
If you are interesting in applying for this role, please send a CV and cover letter for our perusal to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch. Also, should you wish to discuss the role in more depth, please don’t hesitate to contact Tom Wilson on 0113 249 4369.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initially assess, sign up and signpost learners towards the correct qualification to best suit their needs
- Planning programmes of learning, producing learning resources, lesson plans and schemes of work where necessary
- Teaching, training and coaching learners through training courses, including Work Place training and assessment and classroom teaching
- Conducting progress reviews, IAG, recording information on individual learning plans and other records
- Working closely with our Business Development Manager to identify potential new clients
- Ensuring learners complete training within the specified timescale
- Working closely with EMD UK Project Managers to provide updates on learner progress
- Following company policy in regards to Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Recruitment etc and ensuring the wellbeing of learners from sign up through to completion
- Working with learners to present them with an opportunity to progress either onto higher level training courses or within their job role where applicable
- Ensuring the retention of learners throughout their training course and ensuring a high level of achievement rate
- Attend standardisation meetings and internally/externally provided training as part of an ongoing CPD programme
- Keeping up to date with Awarding Body requirements, ensuring programmes are delivered in line with the most up to date Qualification Specifications available
- Keep close contact with learners should there be any absence or break in learning to ensure learners are retained and able to complete their training course with minimum disruption to the class/business
- Promoting other training courses offered by EMD UK LTD when dealing with employers and learners
- Assisting in the development and improvement of learning resources and course materials, working with Senior Management, Internal Verifiers and External Moderators to maintain the highest quality of materials are in use at all times
- Keep a record of all CPD activity, up to date and relevant to the job role and organisation
- Ensuring any leads are handed over to the Business Development Manager or Project Managers where necessary in order to assure a fast follow up to generate new business
- Following the Assessment and Internal Verification policy of the organisation
- Maintaining a professional and positive company image at all times
- Previous experience and track record of working in a similar role
- Current and active experience in the assessment of National Qualifications
- Literacy and numeracy at least level 2 (GCSE grade c or above) (or equivalent)
- Minimum Level 3 in occupational area or equivalent or substantial senior management experience in the relevant occupational area
- Minimum D32/D33/A1, Assessing Vocational Achievement Level 3 or TAQA Level 3
- Minimum Education and Training – level 3 (Or equivalent/Higher – Cert Ed, PGCE, CTLLS, DTLLS etc)
- V1 or Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Level 4 (Desirable)